Monday, September 28, 2009

MLB Playoff Chase


The MLB regular season is winding down with less than ten games to play. There are really no suprises as the teams who are in control of playoff spots are pretty much the usual suspects. New York leading the AL East with the Red Sox trailing, though holding a commanding lead on the wild card spot. The Tigers and Twins are in a close duel to win the AL Central (the first game in a crucial series between these two was rained out today), and the Angels have a firm grip on the AL West top spot.

In the National League it's pretty much a done deal except for the wild card chase where the Rockies hold a slim lead over the surging Braves. LA had a chance to clinch the NL West today but were thumped by the Pirates and their magic number remains at 1. St Louis has the NL Central wrapped up while the Phillies have the NL East in the bag with a 5 game lead over the Braves with 7 games to play.

My early predictions for the World Series? Glad you asked. I am going with the Yankees (as much as it pains me to say) and the Cardinals. I think the Cardinals win it in seven games, clinching the title in front of the masses at the new Yankee Stadium. Tell me what you think....

1 comment:

  1. My buddy I have to agree with you on the Yanks as much as I would love to see my Sox in it, the Yankees are just too strong. 6 Months ago the Sox were sweeping the Yanks now its just the opposite. I don't think Boston has enough gas in the tank, although after 2004 you really can't give up hope. But it is the end of an era here in Boston. Patriots are not the same either. I was away from Boston during the whole thing and now I have come home to a yet still strong sports town but I don't think its strong enough, at least not this year. I can only pray the Cardinals havee somee trickup there sleeve but again its the Nat'l League. I'll be commenting alot more thanks for having this and goodluck to your Broncos

    Budweiser Pat Collins

    ReplyDelete