Monday, October 12, 2009

Brady defeats Patriots with perfectly thrown incompletions to preserve Broncos'5-0 record.


The Denver Broncos are 5-0. I must admit that, although I am thoroughly enjoying being a Broncos fan, I did not see this coming. I was so dejected during the off-season that I actually predicted that this team would win 4 games. Well, at this moment I am certainly eating a huge plate full of crow. With "McJaygate" and Brandon Marshall's antics, I thought that this was going to be a horrible season. I didn't jump off of the bus and claim that I was going to convert to being a Ravens fan(shudders) like my dad did, but nonetheless I didn't see much hope for the immediate future of the Broncos.


What bugs me though, are the analysts who, no matter how well the Broncos play, never want to give them the credit they deserve. When they beat Cincy they got lucky. Oakland and Cleveland are horrible(okay, that's true.) The Cowboys are overrated, and something is wrong with Tom Brady. So if there is something wrong with Tom Brady, shouldn't the Ravens feel worse for losing to the Patriots who beat them with a rusty Brady? I don't think so. There is only something wrong with Tom Brady when he isn't playing perfect football, and not living up to his role as the NFL's golden boy. There must have been a severe ratings fall off after Brady got hurt last year. I mean hell, they actually created a rule so he could never get hurt again. Oh what would the league do without Tommy??


Maybe what's wrong with Brady is the fact that he played against a really good defense in Denver on Sunday. Anybody think of that? Seriously, he threw two passes that were off the mark. Granted they both probably would have been touchdowns, but those two plays didn't cost the Patriots the game. After throwing that last pass to Welker, I was begging CBS' Chris Simms to even say the words "Brady threw a bad pass", or even better, "horrible throw by Brady", but my requests fell on dumb ears (and not just because he couldn't hear me through the T.V.) I felt like what Simms really wanted to say was "Oh my stars, that was the most beautifully thrown errant pass I have ever seen. Even though the ball hit Welker in the foot, he's gotta make that play." There must be a clause in his contract saying: "disparaging the image of one Thomas Brady, the greatest thing to ever happen to the world, will not be tolerated, and will result in immediate termination of contract."


Suck it Simms.

Go Broncos

1 comment:

  1. I might just have to jump Redskins ship and hop on the Broncos bandwagon for the rest of the season! ;)

    Here's that clip I was telling you about. Damn Skins...
    http://lilbitmoneyfilms.com/

    ReplyDelete